Job Title: Matchday Safety Officer
Location: Sandy Park Stadium (Home of the Exeter Chiefs)
Reports to: CEO
Closing Date: 26 July 2019 (or once sufficient applications received)
Description: To ensure, as far as reasonably practicable, the safety of all spectators, officials, players, and staff attending any event held at the Stadium in accordance with the requirements of the Sandy Park Stadium Safety Policy, the Ground Safety Certificate and any relevant and applicable HSE legislation. Proactively provide a customer focused service under the instructions of the CEO, Deputy CEO or Stadium Operations Manager.
1. To be in overall control of operational safety management issues on an event day.
2. To be capable, competent and confident in making independent safety-related decisions during an event day and ensure:
– Safety teams are briefed, deployed and in position to monitor and control spectators and effect a safe and orderly evacuation in the event of an emergency
– Sufficiently trained stewards are positioned as prescribed in the General Safety Certificate
– There are no hazards that could present a danger to spectators via means of a pre-event inspection
– Sufficient medical support is present as prescribed in the site specific medical plan
– All ingress/egress points are functional and operating correctly
– The designated control location is continuously manned
– An audit trail is maintained of appropriate records and documentation to support the safety certificate
3. To undertake performance management of the Deputy Safety Officer and Head Steward and be accountable for stewarding deployment, behaviour and actions during an event day commensurate with the terms of the General Safety Certificate
4. Attend post-match debriefings with the CEO and senior management team and produce a post-match report for record
5. Draft, implement and continually review Stadium Operations Procedures, associated risk assessments and stewarding handbooks (outlining duties in both normal and emergency situations)
6. To advise the senior management team on all spectator-related issues in support of a matchday event and future infrastructure development
7. To assist the senior management team in the planning and delivery of multi-agency exercise days (minimum 1 per season) and the training and development of the stewarding team
8. Be aware of and follow Exeter Rugby Club Ltd policies and procedures, with particular attention to standards of customer service, health and safety, and equality and diversity.
Essential: NVQ Level 4 held in Spectator Safety Management
Detailed knowledge of legislation relating to crowd
safety and associated regulations
Desirable: Level 5 Crowd Safety Management Diploma
Experience: Evidenced experience as a Safety or Deputy Safety Officer in support on professional sporting events at an 8000+ capacity venue
– Outstanding leadership skills
– High administrative competence
– Ability to cope with heavy workloads and behave appropriately in pressurised or stressful situations
– Ability to interact and represent the company in a multi-agency environment
– Sound decision making in line with organisational goals and objectives
– Must be ‘customer service driven’ with evidence of a strong client focus
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Must be able to attend all matchdays
NB: You would also be required to undertake any other duties within your capabilities as may be reasonably required. This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business.
How to apply: If you are interested in this role, please send a CV and covering letter by 0800 Thursday 26th July 2019 to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.