We are looking for a Facilities Assistant to not only provide support to the day to day facilities management requirements of London Stadium but also to assist the Technical and Operations Team in ensuring the success of events taking place at London Stadium; whether that be on match day or high-profile events like Major League Baseball or a concert.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with some experience in facilities management who is looking to develop their skills and take the next step in their career. You will need to be pro-active and having the ability to juggle various priorities to respond to ever changing requirements. This will be key in keeping senior managers and stakeholders fully aware of progress in a range of projects, as well as keeping day to day systems on track so strong organisation skills will be essential. If you like a varied day, this will be the role for you, ranging from meeting teams on event requirements to delivering parts of stadium projects.
For further information about the role, please see specific duties and Requirements In The Job Description and Person Specification below.
Job Description :
Provide support in the delivery of various match day and event day tasks. This Includes
• helping oversee the deployment of power and data arrangements required to support concessions on the field of play, concourses, hospitality spaces and back of house areas;
• supporting Host TV Broadcast companies with their arrangements for live matches, gaining an understanding of their operation and documentation process;
• providing support and assistance to Hawkeye for the stadiums Goal Line Technology System and to develop a reasonable knowledge of the supporting infrastructure;
• assisting in the match day operations such as opening and closing of the venue on event day ensuring turnstiles operate correctly
• Assist in ensuring the Technical Department provides a timely and Efficient Service By
• keeping an accurate document library and records for reporting and KPI requests
• obtaining quotations from suppliers, raising purchase orders and receipting once complete, as well as keeping accurate records for budgeting and forecasting within the department
• attending and being the deputy chair for the Daily Activities Briefing (which is attended by all stakeholders every morning), ensuring actions are followed up, all stakeholders are aware of activity within the stadium and flagging any potential clashes
• providing stadium tours to interested parties with reference to technical aspects
• managing the electric vehicles, ensuring that they are operating properly and are in good condition
• assisting in the management of the stadium two-way radio system by keeping records of devices, helping in the preparation of stakeholder cost recharging and arranging for repairs and replacement kit • working with the Head of Technical to improve work processes and procedures.
• Provide support in the delivery of various projects around the stadium, including assisting with the preparation and drafting of technical related project work documentation for submittal and approval, and its implementation thereafter.
• Work alongside the stadium Facilities Management partner (VINCI Facilities) To • develop an understanding of the critical safety systems namely PAVA, CCTV, Access Control, Lighting and Floodlighting and Power arrangements
• monitor documentation and reactive maintenance work to ensure standards and compliance with agreed contractual obligations
• assist in the management of Utilities Services for the venue, in particular electricity metering and usage
• develop a business continuity plan in the event of loss of building services.
• Represent the Head of Technical as necessary at event planning meetings and liaison with various client groups including other stadium departments, event promoters and stadium tenants.
• Gain a basic understanding of the venues ICT arrangements and how they interface with the technical aspects of the stadium.
• On occasions, support the Head of Operations with specific building maintenance projects.
• Assist with venue logistics, furniture, fixings and equipment, and general site duties as required. This may include setting up furniture, setting up technical and IT related equipment for meetings, advising on storage suitable areas and working with stakeholders on requirements.
• Adhere to the procurement process and ensure that all Purchase Orders / financial information is entered accurately in line with the deadlines communicated by the Finance Department.
• Take responsibility for own Health and Safety requirements.
(E) = Essential Requirement
(D) = Desirable Requirement
BIFM Level 4 (D) NEBOSH NGC or Similar (D)
First Aid at Work (D) AutoCAD trained (D)
Knowledge & Experience Facilities management knowledge (E)
Experience in a comparable role with a demonstrable track record of success (E)
Competence and experience of working in a leisure / sport / concert venue environment (D)
Competence and experience of working in a public facing environment (E)
IT Infrastructure awareness (D)
Project Management experience (construction/technology) (D)
Skills Excellent communication skills (E)
Accurate and effective report writing (E)
Good level of numeracy and literacy (E)
Microsoft office 365 skills (E)
Personal Qualities Friendly, helpful and cheerful persona (E)
Meticulous attention to detail (E)
Flexible approach to working hours inc. weekend working (E)
Ability to work calmly under pressure (E)
Ability to work unsupervised and self-motivated(E)
A genuine team player (E)
Ability to assess, review and implement change (E)
Willing to assist team members on a wide diversity of tasks (E
To apply for this job please visit www.recruit.net.