Competition for the 2016 Sports Technology Awards started this week. Dedicated to celebrating breakthrough technologies in global sport, the initiative’s judging panel will recognize leaders in a number of categories. The full list is below:
• Best Sports App
• Best New Sports Technology Concept
• Best Sports Technology Partnership
• Best Technology for Commercial Return
• Best Technology for Fan Engagement
• Best Technology for Managers and Coaches
• Best Technology for Use by a Venue, Stadium, Club or Franchise
• Best Technology to Promote Participation
• Best Sports Kit or Apparel Technology
• Best Use of Technology by a Rights Holder, Broadcaster or Governing Body
• Best Use of Technology by a Sponsor
• Best Wearable Technology in Sport
• Sport England Design Challenge
• Sports Technology Innovator 2016
Alongside the awards, and new for 2016, is The Hub – a new portal which enables entrants to showcase their product or service to the industry, free of charge, using video.
“Past winners say that winning a Sports Technology Award makes a tangible commercial difference to their organization so we wanted to expand this ethos to everyone entering, hence the introduction of The Hub,” said Rebecca Hopkins, managing director of the Sports Technology Awards.
“Seeing technology in action can be more instructive than reading about it, so organizations using The Hub have a great chance to explain what they do to a much wider audience.”
Entries are open now, and the awards will be held in London on April 15, 2016.
October 9, 2015